Damp Proofing Solutions
Basement damp is not a specific type of damp, but a basement is an area of any property that is always going to be particularly susceptible to damp problems, as they are usually below ground level. Tanking is often used as a damp proofing solution for basements. Damp proof membranes are a popular treatment too. This can either be in the form of the conventional sheets of membrane, or in liquid membrane form. Both types can be applied to floors and walls.
So, in terms of damp proofing solutions, you have lots of options that we have covered in more detail above:
- Improve ventilation
- Damp proof paint (both internal and external)
- Cavity wall treatments
- DPC (damp proof course)
- DPM (damp proof membrane)
- Soil excavation
- Fungicide-treated timber.
That’s 8 different solutions in all. Bearing in mind the various types of DPC and DPM, and you’ve actually got many more than 8.
The main thing to remember here is damp proof problems should always be treated on a case-by-case basis, but you can rest assured that there will be a damp proofing solution for every damp problem.Top of Form
Bottom of Form
- Damp Proof Membranes
- Damp Proof Paint
- Damp Proofing
- Damp proofing Basements
- Damp Survey
- Inject-able DPC
- Internal Damp
- Penetrating Damp
- Rising Damp
- Wet Rot
- Stop Damp Patches on Internal Walls
- Cavity Wall Insulation Damp Problems
- What is a Timber and Damp Report? And Do I Need One?
- Get Rid of The Damp Smell in Your House
- Damp Proof Paint for External Walls – What Is Your Best Option?